The Lab Assistant is required to provide general support for pre-analytical and post-analytical processes of diagnostic testing within the laboratory. The candidate would be supporting the research group in the lab to maintain and provide a functioning lab environment including inventory management and preparation of experiment setup. Strong attention to detail with motivated personality. Great team player and strong skills for cross functioning collaboration. Keen desire to learn and grow in healthcare and research profession. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Sample Management - manage and maintain samples in cold storage
- Inventory Management- order and manage lab supplies
- Monitor and data management for sample accessioning in LIS
- Identifying/pursuing discrepancies in specimen info.
- Contacting clients and/or patients to confirm or verify information that was not properly provided
- Respond to clients queries for information and access relevant files
- Prepare and set up specimen samples for the analytical process.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Work with Operations and Research team on special projects as needed
- Maintaining laboratory stocks of supplies and reagents
- Complying and monitoring all laboratory safety requirements
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent Customer service in a service environment.
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- May be required to work occasional on-call duties weekends, and early AM.
- Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
- Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to workload
- Seek supervisor guidance when appropriate.
- Clinical specimen handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!