Environmental Health & Safety Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EH&S Manager). As an EH&S Manager, you will support the Assoc. Director of Facilities and Facilities Department. In addition, you will overlook the development and implementation of all the health and safety programs and will be responsible for keeping all employees’ abreast of proper safeguard guidelines. This role will be responsible for maintaining all safety communication and postings to keep the company in compliance and up-to-date with all the environmental standards and regulations.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the Environmental, Health, and Safety program in an FDA regulated cell therapy manufacturing environment.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EH&S programs with all staff members to ensure an effective policy and procedure.
- Drive continuous improvement in EH&S performance and programs.
- Develop Key Safety Performance indicators and communicate results.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with biohazardous and hazardous waste storage locations.
- Conduct EHS training
- Serve as EHS representative for government inspections
- Lead EHS Committee for site
- Perform internal EHS inspections
- Conduct incident investigations and follow corrective and preventive actions to completion
- Gather EHS metrics in support of corporate EHS programs
- Manage EHS records for the site and ensure all EHS permits are maintained
- Assist in the selection and monitor the performance of outside contractors and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including but not limited to Cal-OSHA; Cal-EPA; Fire Department, SCAQMD, city Santa Ana, Health Department, etc.
- Lead emergency response team for the manufacturing site and respond to incidents
- Manage contractor safety program
- Develop JHAs and conduct risk assessments
- Revise, Edit and Draft relevant SOPs
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods
- Proactively support Departments and Personal goals and objectives
- Other duties as may be assigned
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science; Health & Safety or related field.
- CSP or CIH Certification preferred.
- 8 years of experience managing EHS programs
- Demonstrated understanding of EHS compliance related EPA; OSHA; AQMD
- HAZWOPER; First Aid; CPR and AED training preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and grow while implementing program in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Leadership, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment while managing multiple assignments with strict deadlines.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!