Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
We are seeking a Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator to support a 25,000 square foot biotechnology manufacturing facility in Santa Ana, CA that includes general laboratories for bio-processing. In addition to facilities support activities, the Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility and process equipment for production of cell-based therapeutics.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all relevant SOP’s.
- Plan, schedule, issue, perform, and close corrective, preventive maintenance, and calibration work orders.
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration work and project activities.
- Maintains inventory of critical spare parts.
- Facilitate daily and weekly work planning meetings with Maintenance, Operations, and other departments. Attend cross functional huddle when required to discuss Facilities initiatives.
- Act as a liaison with vendors and contractors.
- Escort and monitor corrective, preventative maintenance, and calibration technicians in cGMP and general facilities areas.
- Maintain accurate cGMP compliant records for all equipment and systems.
- Create purchase orders and reconcile vendor invoices within the system.
- Support and maintain accurate facilities service records.
- Support the qualification and / or validation of equipment and utilities.
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools.
- Proactively support the Vendors, Departments and Personal goals and objectives.
- Plan facilities changes for plant, office, and production equipment layouts, working toward maximum use of facilities and equipment.
- Assist in all facility services including physical security, waste removal, recycling, central services, office furnishings, garment services, and janitorial.
- Participate in planning and execution of facility improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, CA FDB, OSHA, DOH, EPA, Fire Department, city audits, Health Department, etc.
- Maintain your Technical Training Profile.
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed, weekend shift support and shutdowns.
- Manage asset induction and equipment management as an administrator of our CMMS.
- Develop maintenance shutdown schedules integrating all activities into one comprehensive plan, where required.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma, relevant trade certification, and some college or vocational training within Facilities
- At least 3 years of maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience as a maintenance scheduler or relevant experience using maintenance management systems.
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to manage a GMP facility.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or move about for 75% of a shift, when required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!