Scientist-Clinical Assay & Operations
NKGen Biotech is seeking a highly motivated Scientist who has strong background and experience in assay development, optimization, and validation. As a member of the research and laboratory team, you will be responsible for executing fit-for-purpose assays for the study of pharmacodynamic of immunotherapy and translational investigation of cell therapy product. Your responsibilities will also consist of managing workflow for clinical trial lab assessment and generation of clinical trial data utilizing flow cytometry, molecular methods, multiplex Luminex assays. Knowledge of immunology and experience in cell therapy industrial is highly preferable.
- Develop, optimize, validate and execute analytical assays
- Generate clinical trial data utilizing flow cytometry, ELISA and molecular methods.
- Research to improve and expand core technology capabilities
- Write, review, and edit technical documents including SOPs, development/qualification protocols, and reports
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance the development of NK cell therapy products
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and quality assurance documents
- Stay current, evaluate and adopt emerging technologies, tools, and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches to the assessment of NK Cell therapy
- Demonstrates Good documentation practices (GDP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Assisting in various other duties which contribute to the organization and function of the clinical and R&D laboratories
- Proficiency in the standard office suite (e.g. Google Docs, Keynote, Excel) as well as specialized statistics (e.g. GraphPad Prism) and analysis software
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Additional duties related to primary responsibilities may be required as assigned
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Biochemistry, or related biological sciences field with 1+ years’ experience OR
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, or related biological sciences field with 3+ years’ experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, or related biological sciences field with 6+ years’ experience
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively alongside the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines.
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow or fluctuations in the workload.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial for the position
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!