Head Translational Oncology
The Head of Translational Oncology is the primary strategic leader and driver of the program level translational strategy. This role will partner closely with key functions across NKGen Biotech to develop and deliver the program level translational strategy for early and late clinical stage oncology development programs.
- Serve as development team leader for cross-functional IND/early clinical stage drug development programs.
- Work with critical functions to create and manage integrated strategic development plans that define goals, milestones, decision points, critical path, timeline, risks, assumptions, alternative scenarios, and budgets through effective utilization of key project management tools.
- Provide drug development and team leadership expertise, and apply program management best practices, to advance development programs in alignment with program strategies.
- Drive program risk management through proactive identification of key risks along with mitigation and contingency planning.
- Ensure functional area activities are on track and aligned with broader development strategies, timelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on the status, objectives, risks, and mitigation plans associated with development programs.
- Establish a close partnering relationship with functional area team members to ensure alignment and facilitate efficient program execution. Contribute to Program Management departmental initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures that robust clinical biomarker hypotheses including those for patient selection, target engagement, and pharmacodynamic, mechanism of action, data generated through collaborations, data generated from data mining initiatives are developed and integrated into the program level translational strategy to inform program level decision-making and asset differentiation
- Gains internal and external stakeholder input and alignment on the program level translational strategy.
- Identifies translational issues and resources needs, develops solutions, and escalates to the broader organization as needed for resolution
- Reviews and provides input into clinical biomarker plans, informed consent templates, clinical study reports as needed
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Advanced degree in cancer biology, immunology, genetics, pathology, or related field with 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech R&D
- Oncology experience required
- Experience developing and delivering translational strategy for clinical stage programs required
- Experience developing and testing translational hypotheses, interpreting translational data in clinical studies required
- Experience in regulatory filings and responding to health authority questions desired
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!