Principal Scientist – NK Cell Therapy
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed Principal Scientist with strong background in immunology and immuno-oncology who would lead the research and assay development team.
The position offers a unique opportunity for a candidate with strong background in immunotherapies industry to lead and provide key contributions in scientific insight and promote multidisciplinary collaboration between research, assay development and clinical application. The candidate will lead the scientific team to design, optimize, and validate assays in support to clinical trials of NK cell immunotherapy. The individual will play a key role in overseeing the day-to-day, hands-on performance of laboratory testing and responsible to develop fit-for-purpose analytical assays to investigate and analysis of clinical data. In charge of generating and interpreting meaningful results in study of cell therapy mechanism to antitumor efficacy. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of Immuno-pharmacodynamics for evaluating mechanism of action in single agent and in combination immunotherapy.
- Research and conduct biomarker studies to establish relevant assays for clinical application.
- Design and responsible for bioassay development by optimizing, validating, and executing flow cytometry, proteomics, gene expression profiling, and cell-based assays.
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance the development of NK cell therapy products.
- Keep up to date with the latest technical and theoretical developments in the field of cell therapy, provide guidance to others within the team and scientific and technical direction.
- Adopt emerging technologies, tools, and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches to the assessment of NK cell immunotherapy.
- Manage the characterization of samples from ongoing clinical trials and from manufacturing processes.
- Analyze and study data generated from clinical trials to evaluate the immunotherapy efficacy and treatment outcome.
- Prepare reports for internal use, regulatory filings, and scientific conferences.
- Lead studies of clinical pharmacodynamics of cell therapy trials.
- Design research strategy, plans experiment, project timelines and cost analysis.
- Act as the central source of expertise in pharmacodynamic of NK cell immunotherapy
- Design studies protocols relevant to targeted disease treatment regimen.
- Liaise with internal cross functioning department and external collaboration partners.
- Conduct research on projects for potential discovery to include literature research for project utility and scope.
- Maintain full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports departmental and organizational goals.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, or biological sciences with deep understanding of tumor biology, immune functions and responses to stimulations and therapies with at least 8+ years’ experience (industry preferred)
- Insightful of cellular processes and metabolism.
- Experience working with human primary cells, including NK cells using flow cytometry.
- Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cell phenotype and function, immune cell culture, immune molecules, and secreted proteins.
- Proven ability to generate high quality data and to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Strong team player and leadership skill
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!