Senior Scientist - R&D
- We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with expertise in developing reliable and robust assays utilize bioassay technologies, tools, and applications. Strong background and experience in flow cytometry and molecular technologies in immunotherapy industry. This is a primarily lab-based position. You will be responsible for the hands-on development, optimization, and validation of analytical assays. Continuing monitor and support assays performance and lead the research and strategic decision in implementing relevant technologies and test methods for monitoring immunotherapy treatment responses. The successful candidate will have deep understanding and background in mechanism of action of immunotherapy who is responsible to develop fit-for-purpose assays, investigate and analyze clinical data, and will oversee the day-to-day, hands-on performance of laboratory testing.
- Responsible in developing and executing assays using flow cytometry, cell-based, ELISA and molecular methods.
- Lead the validation and qualification of developed test system.
- Manage clinical trial data generation and interpretation.
- Contribute to designing study protocol, lead data analysis and compilation for purposes of studies.
- Participate in departmental strategic planning, defining scope of works and timelines as well as estimated stage costs.
- Conduct research projects for potential discovery.
- Direct research teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation.
- Demonstrate ability in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong background in immunology, immune-oncology, and knowledge of diagnostic markers
- Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership in the research laboratory, oversee and delegate experimental/project responsibilities to support laboratory as needed, and write/review protocols/development summary reports.
- Experience with applying sound scientific principles and innovative approaches of immunological approach to investigate treatment responses of cell therapy.
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments. Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Manage inventory of supplies, reagents, and equipment to carry out lab activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate and work effectively and positively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively alongside the team.
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines while having attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills and comfortable working in fast-paced environment and able to adapt changing priorities.
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and attentive to record keeping, documentation and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow or fluctuations in the workload.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular issues.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology or a closely related field with deep understanding of immune functions and responses to stimulations and therapies with 5 years of experience is required.
- Proficiency with the following techniques is necessary and/or desired:
- 4-6 years of flow cytometry development, and
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with qPCR, immunochemistry, cytokine/chemokine analysis, enzyme activity assays, qPCR, spectrophotometry is desirable.
- A background in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!