Senior Scientist/Lead Scientist - R&D
- We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist/Lead Research Scientist to lead the development and execution of analytical assays utilize bioassay technologies, tools, and applications. Strong background in immunology, immune-oncology, and immunotherapy industry. Experience in flow cytometry and molecular technologies in biomarkers research. The Senior/Lead Scientist will lead and work closely with scientific team members to design and execute preclinical and clinical research in immunotherapy development. The successful candidate will use the expertise and technical skills in relevant technologies and test methods to monitor pharmacodynamics of immunotherapy clinical trials.
- Responsible to lead hands-on development, optimization, and validation of analytical assays using flow cytometry, cell-based, ELISA and molecular methods.
- Design and perform immunophenotypic and functioning assays for cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, protein quantification, cell phenotyping, etc.
- Stay current with scientific literatures and participate in departmental strategic planning, defining scope of works and timelines.
- Apply knowledge and analyze mechanism of actions in immunotherapy.
- Collaborate with colleague to support cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrate hands-on technical competence and leadership in the research laboratory.
- Oversee and delegate experimental/project responsibilities to support laboratory as needed.
- Write/review protocols and development summary reports.
- Apply sound scientific principles and innovative approaches of immunological investigation in treatment responses of cell therapy.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology or a closely related field with deep understanding of immune functions and responses to stimulations and therapies with minimum of 5 years of industry experience is required.
- Proficiency with the following techniques is necessary and/or desired:
- 4-6 years of flow cytometry development, and
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with qPCR, immunochemistry, cytokine/chemokine analysis, enzyme activity assays, qPCR is desirable.
- A background in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Proficiency in using software tools to support data analysis (e.g., FlowJo/Kaluza, Prism, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate and work effectively and positively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively alongside the team.
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines while having attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment and able to adapt changing priorities.
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and attentive to record keeping, documentation and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow or fluctuations in the workload.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular issues.
- Be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments. Proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!