Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Under the direction of Director of Lab Operations, the lab supervisor would provide day-to-day supervision of testing schedule and reporting of test results. He/she would maintain clinical laboratory quality assurance protocol in compliance to CLIA and CAP requirements. The lab supervisor will also manage and support to clinical trial projects within the company. The position is best suited for a candidate who can efficiently work in a diverse laboratory environment, goal-oriented laboratory services setting.
- Strong technical background on chemistry, immunophenotyping and molecular assays.
- Ensure proper performance of laboratory procedures and maintain quality assurance protocol
- Provide training for lab employees and assessment of performance to ensure high quality test result with satisfaction turnaround time
- Coordinates, setup and continue monitor for offsite specimen collection and training at clients’ facilities
- Maintain satisfaction services to clients in relate to test results and promptly attends to clients concerns and questions
- Manage the logistic and pickup schedules for specimen shipping and transportations
- Review worksheets, test results, quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventive maintenance records
- Monitor performance of instrument maintenance and function checks
- Assess test performance through internal or external proficiency testing program
- Create, reviews, and revises Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of supplies process
- Manage schedules and maintain complete coverage of all shifts in the laboratory
- Provide coverage to any technical or clerical position workload as needed.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical analysis and complex problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in computer skills that include spreadsheets and word processing software, and Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to perform complex lab tasks and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA, State, CAP and CLIA.
- Provides leadership and support for the Compliance process within management area
- BS / BA degree in Science
- Minimum eight (8) years of clinical laboratory
- Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!