The Laboratory Courier is essential of the picking up and delivery of lab samples and specimens in a timely-manner.
- Receive and pickup specimens from client facilities, at arranged time daily
- Deliver supplies or products to client facilities.
- Prepare specimen in a safe and efficient manner for transport to laboratory.
- Receive additional route information on a daily basis.
- Safely deliver specimens to laboratory.
- Check and maintain specimen regularly to ensure temperature meets transportation requirements.
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving behavior while obeying all traffic laws.
- Evaluate traffic patterns, alternative routes and weather conditions as needed.
- Properly documents all tasks according to protocol.
- Drive to client facilities, as directed by Lab Supervisor.
- Ensure specimens are properly labeled in the proper tube and accompanied by a completed requisition; includes patient billing information prior to transport.
- Follow Diagnostic Laboratories policy on transporting PHI.
- When on-duty, answer mobile phone calls promptly and ready/available to work.
- Complete written logs, time sheets, records of mileage, vehicle maintenance and other required records in a neat and accurate manner.
- Maintain all equipment in good working order and report an issue immediately to Lab Supervisor.
- Notify dispatch of availability for future assignment.
- Assist with facility needs and perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability to travel to Mexico by car for pickup and delivery of medical specimens to and from hospitals.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Education: High School or higher education.
- Courier experience: 1 year (preferred).
- Must have a current and valid California Driver’s License.
- Must have a clean driving background and MVR.
- Must maintain a good driving record.
- SENTRI Membership preferred
- Able to qualify to obtain Global Entry from U.S. Custom and Border Protection.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and accurately maintain time sheet records.
- Proficient in written/verbal skills in the English Language.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, patients, public and all staff members.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks with organization.
- Ability to take directions and conduct self in a professional demeanor.
- Ability to follow and accept instructions and professional constructive criticism.
- Ability to lift to 30 lbs.
- Knowledge of required specimen preservation and specimen procedures.
- Knowledge/follow HIPPA compliance regulations, regarding patient privacy policies.
- Knowledge/follow OSHA requirements for lab safety.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!