Scientist- Clinical Assay Development
Under the direction of Director, Lab Operations, the Scientist will be responsible for the hands-on development of in vitro assays. By utilizing technical knowledge, skills and judgment, the Scientist will design, optimize and validate molecular and chemistry assays. The scientist will also be responsible for performing assays on clinical samples to support ongoing cell therapy clinical trial projects. Strong background of molecular assay development is required. Experience with Multiplex Luminex assay and multi-colors cell-based immunochemistry using flow cytometry is preferred.
- Design, develop and optimize molecular genomic and genetic assays by qPCR, ddPCR, SNP, CNVs, NGS
- Develop and validate RNA gene expression assay using RT-PCR
- Design, implement next generation sequencing assays and utilize bioinformatics tools for analysis of data and interpretation of results
- Perform sample testing using protein quantitation technologies
- Research to improve and expand core technology capabilities
- Work with a cross-functional team to advance the development of NK cell therapy products
- Conducts flow cytometry and cell-based experiments on clinical samples in accordance with established protocol
- Analyze data, prepare reports, SOP and quality assurance documents
- Demonstrates Good documentation practices (GDP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Assisting in various other duties which contribute to the organization and function of the clinical and R&D laboratories
- Proficiency in the standard office suite (e.g. Google Docs, Keynote, Excel) as well as specialized statistics (e.g. GraphPad Prism) and analysis software
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment and follow safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Additional duties related to primary responsibilities may be required
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Molecular Cell Biology, Molecular Genetics, Immunology, Biochemistry, or related biological sciences field of studies.
- 5+ years’ experience with molecular biology technologies and techniques
- Prior experience with CLIA/CAP laboratory is highly preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively alongside the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees
- Ability to multitask and meet established timelines.
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow or fluctuations in the workload.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are crucial for the position
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!