Associate Scientist/Scientist, NK Cell Therapy
NKGen Biotech is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist/Scientist with multi-parameter flow cytometry and cell-based assay experience to support clinical programs. The candidate will execute experiments to assess the phenotype and function of NK cell therapy products and will contribute to the support of clinical research programs. Successful candidates will be a self-motivated, technically competent scientist that is able to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal supervision. This is a full-time bench position that reports to a Principal Scientist in Clinical R&D, within the Department of Clinical Laboratory Operations and is located at our corporate headquarters in Santa Ana, California
- Characterizing samples from ongoing clinical trials and from manufacturing processes.
- Contributing to method development, qualification, validation, and transfer, of cell-based assays.
- Assisting in biomarker studies to establish relevant assays for clinical research.
- Working with a cross-functional team to advance the development of lead NK cell therapy candidates.
- Providing technical insight and stays current with scientific advancements in the field.
- Analyzing data and preparing reports for internal use, regulatory filings, and scientific conferences.
- Additional and duties related to primary responsibilities may be required from time to time.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, or biological sciences with 0+ years, M.S. with 4+ years, or B.S. with 6+ years of relevant laboratory experience (industry preferred).
- Cell culture and column-based magnetic immune cell isolation experience is required.
- Designing and executing multi-parameter flow cytometry experiments (>8 colors) is essential.
- Expertise in the in vitro assessment of NK cell effector functions, including cytotoxicity assays, cytokine production, and cell proliferation.
- Experience with other analytical assays (e.g. Luminex, qPCR, ddPCR) is preferred.
- Familiarity with ADCC and biomarker signatures is highly regarded.
- Proficiency in using software tools to support data analysis (e.g., FlowJo/Kaluza, Prism, etc.).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing SOPs and technical reports.
- Must display a strong initiative, effective teamwork skills, a positive outlook, and willingness to learn.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with blood, cells, and cells lines of human origin.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend work as needed.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in Santa Ana, CA.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!