Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Under the direction of Lab Supervisor/Manager, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) utilizes professional knowledge, skills and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical and quality assurance functions. The CLS provides laboratory specimen testing in compliance to quality requirement. Previous qPCR, molecular, ELISA and flow cytometry experience is highly preferred.
- Performs DNA, RNA extraction, setup molecular genomic/genetic tests by qPCR, SNP genotyping, CNV, NGS assays
- Performs testing using various methods including ELISA, multiplex Luminex or protein quantitation technologies
- Performs cell-based assay or immunophenotyping assay using flow cytometry
- Performs high complexity test according to validated protocols and produces accurate laboratory results
- Performs and document quality control and results analysis
- Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely
- Performs and documents maintenance and calibration as scheduled
- Follows protocol for testing and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System, accessioning of test order and processing clinical specimen
- Participates in new validation and implementation
- Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies and reagent inventories
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients, while having attention to detail
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow, orders or fluctuations in the workload.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular test order problems.
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment, follows safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
Job Qualifications & Skills
- BS / BA degree in Science required.
- Minimum three (3) or more years clinical laboratory experience required.
- Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment