Clinical Laboratory Scientist – Flow Cytometry
- Under the direction of Lab Supervisor/Manager, the Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) utilizes professional knowledge, skills and judgment to perform a variety of technical, clerical, physical and quality assurance functions. Strong background in immunochemistry assay and cell-based assays using flow cytometry. Hands on experience of cell staining and analyzing flow cytometry results using data analysis software. Experience on qPCR, molecular, ELISA testing is highly preferred.
- Performs cell staining, analyze samples in flow cytometry and demonstrable expertise of compensation procedures
- Performs compensation schemes with multi-lasers and multiple channels on flow cytometer
- Performs cell-based assay using various analytical methods
- Performs DNA, RNA extraction, setup RT, qPCR test and results analysis
- Performs high complexity test according to validated protocols and produces accurate laboratory results
- Performs and document quality control and results analysis
- Performs proficiency testing accurately and timely
- Performs and documents maintenance and calibration as scheduled or when needed
- Follows protocol for testing and reporting controls. Takes appropriate action in out-of-control discrepant or unexpected test results
- Utilizes Laboratory Information System, accessioning of test order and Specimen Processing
- Participates in new validation and implementation
- Recognizes and resolves problems, troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment
- Ability to work in a biohazard environment, follows safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Maintains a neat/clean organized work area and keeps working supplies and reagent inventories
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communication with all employees and clients, while having attention to detail
- Strong computer skills to accomplish tasks
- Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
- Demonstrates the flexibility to adjust schedule in response to test workflow, orders or fluctuations in the workload.
- Follows up on conflicting or irregular test order problems.
Job Qualifications & Skills
- BS / BA degree in Science required.
- Three (3) or more years clinical laboratory experience required.
- Current California State License for Clinical Laboratory Scientist required.
- ASCP certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology preferred.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Business casual work attire
- Fully stocked kitchen and much more!